Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shorty Awards orders vote-buying to stop; I resume my campaign

The Shorty Awards has responded to my complaint about DustyTrice's vote-buying. This was their response:

We've looked into this. We don't want people exchanging anything for a nomination, but in this case it was a bit of a grey area since he only promised #followfridays shout outs rather than a physical good or money. We didn't anticipate a situation like this so the rules didn't clearly prohibit it. We just added a specific prohibition of a "promise anything of value in exchange for a nomination" and have sent an email to the offerer to stop doing that and he has agreed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry for the delayed response.
Since they ordered him to stop this practice, I've decided to resume my campaign.

I would appreciate anyone who hasn't submitted a "nomination" yet to vote for me for a Shorty Award in #politics using the following link:

http://shortyawards.com/RayBeckerman

The deadline for nominations has been extended to February 11th.

I've been off the campaign trail for 11 days, so any help you guys can give me would be appreciated.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have a few simple comment rules:

(a) No

1. rudeness
2. falsehood
3. deception
4. unfair tactics
5. comment spam
6. shilling or trolling

(b) stay on topic, and

(c) if you're anonymous, use a handle so we can distinguish you from other anonymous commenters.

Thanks for commenting.

Ray